New Jersey is home to 380,000 college students who attend 59 colleges and universities. Nearly 235,000 of those students are on a campus within five miles of a Greater New Jersey congregation.
In September 2017, the Next Generation Board approved a strategic plan designed to vastly expand the number of new worshiping communities related to college and university students. Next Generation Ministries staff assists churches and campus ministries to develop new worshiping communities and expanded opportunities to engage for college and university students through:
- Strategic design coaching for campus ministries based in churches or on college and university campuses
- Scholarships for college and university students
- Opportunities to serve in short-term and long-term, paid and unpaid ministry positions
- Grants that support ministry for and with college students
- Cultivate: College Experience
Eric Drew, Executive Director, Next Generation Ministries, coordinates the work of campus ministry throughout Greater New Jersey.