September 14, 2020 to May 1, 2021 | Year-long internships for college students and churches!
- Work with a church or ministry for 20 hours per week for one year and earn a $10,000 salary
- Participate and lead in worship, children’s church, small groups and bible study
- Learn church administration and attend committee meetings
- Join congregational care/pastoral visitations
- Explore conflict resolution
- Assist the pastor with funeral and wedding services when possible
- Accept a Cultivate student intern for one year
- Create a welcoming environment for learning and development
- Designate a supervisor who is a church leader or pastor
- Plan 20 hours per week of ministry engagement
- Commit $4,000 towards the student’s $10,000 salary
- Early Decision Application Timeframe for Submission: March 15 to May 15. Notified by June 1.
- Late Decision Application Timeframe for Submission: August 1 to September 2nd. Notified by September 4.
- Orientation September 12th
- Internship starts September 14th
Funds for Cultivate have been made possible by a grant from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry (GBHEM) to cultivate young people for ministry. The grant supports initiatives committed to encourage, recruit and train Christian leaders from ages 16-30.
Churches must identify and recruit the student intern before applying to participate in Cultivate: College Experience. All applications must be submitted by September 2nd to Brynn Mosello.
Click here for the Cultivate internship application.