I can’t start one more email with, “These are unprecedented times,” or “What a crazy time to be serving in the church,” or “It’s amazing how much has changed in the past month!”
You know all those things.
I’m so grateful for your leadership. I’m so grateful for all of the emails that you’ve written which begin that way. I’m so grateful for your faithfulness in difficult times. I’m so grateful to be in ministry with you. Thank you.
This month it feels appropriate to give a few updates on Next Gen programs and what we have coming next. Here’s what we have coming up!
- We are still planning for IGNITE Summer Camp at Pinelands Center and will take all necessary precautions. We expect that we’ll have to limit our number of participants. We’re also looking at 2-3 day-long family camps, with a family having their own cabin. I believe that as restrictions on gatherings begin to be lifted, people will be hungry for connection. Our Summer Camp programs will be ready to offer community, connection, fun and faith safely.
- At the same time, we’re planning for a virtual Summer Camp experience if we’re not able to have camp at the Pinelands Center this summer. Please check out our website and social media for additional information.
- IGNITE Communities in May are going virtual! We’ll call into Zoom together on Sunday evening, May 3 at 7:00 p.m. Verses, from IGNITE 2019, is going to join us! You can register (free) to get the Zoom link here.
- For IGNITE Communities in May, we’re looking to share selfie videos from students telling us, “How has God moved a mountain in your life.” Send your link or video to Brynn by next Wednesday!
- We are continuing our Zoom calls for youth leaders for another few weeks. You can call in on Monday evening at 8:00 p.m. or Thursday afternoon at 12:30 p.m. We’d love to have you join us! Click here for Zoom information.
Recently I’ve connected with many of our churches and leaders from IGNITE, Summer Camp and more, and I’m encouraged. You’re adapting well in a time of huge change. You’re trying to engage young people in new and different ways. You’re maintaining and even growing your passion to share the message of Jesus. You’re doing a great job!
It isn’t an easy time, but it is an important time. The next generation of disciples are the leaders that the church needs today. Your faithfulness and investment in them is paving the way. Thank you for everything you do.
Together in the journey,
Eric Drew | Executive Director