The safety of our youth and children comes first. Next Generation Ministries complies with Safe Sanctuaries and requires all churches who participate in their programs to be in compliance.
- Click here to begin applying for a background check through Trak 1 Technologies. Follow the instructions to obtain the Child Protection background check or the Child Protection Plus (Motor Vehicle Check) background check (for those who will transport children, youth and/or vulnerable adults).
- Remember your username and password. This information will allow you access to your Trak-1 account at all times.
- Payment is based on a self pay model by credit card through the Trak 1 website.
- Child Protection Background Check: $11.52 + $2.99 Transaction fee to Trak-1 Technologies.
- Child Protection Plus: $18.00 + Any applicable state access fee + $2.99 transaction fee to Trak-1 Technologies.
Safe Sanctuary Training
- The Greater NJ Conference, in partnership with Trak-1 Technologies and Rev. Joy Melton- creator of Safe Sanctuaries, offers online Safe Sanctuaries trainings.
- This training is designed for all workers (paid and volunteer) of children, youth and/or vulnerable adults to learn the importance of preventing abuse in the church.
- This training costs only $10.47 + $2.99 transaction fee to Track-1 Technologies and returns a certificate of training to each participant. This training meets the recommended training requirement of all GNJAC Safe Sanctuary Polices.
- To begin your training go to: www.smart-trak.com
- Follow the instructions on the page to create an account. Once logged in, choose the training course option.
Church Safe Sanctuaries Policy
- Develop a Safe Sanctuaries Task force or team in the local church.
- Review Sample Safe Sanctuaries Policy
- Create a policy that fits the needs and the ministries at the local church level. This policy should include what is in the sample policy.
- Have policy approved by Local church Trustees and/or Administrative Council.
- Submit policy to Greater NJ Conference Safe Sanctuaries Coordinator to obtain a policy certificate of compliance.
- Submit certificate to annual church/charge conference.
Downloadable Safe Sanctuary Resources
- Greater NJ Conference Safe Sanctuaries Policy
- Sample Safe Sanctuaries Policy
- Policy on Public Internet Site
- Indicators of Child Abuse and Neglect
- MV State Fees
- Background Check Requirement
For more information, go to: www.gnjumc.org/safesanctuaries