The Cultivate: Summer of Exploration program is an opportunity for high school students to explore ministry “behind-the-scenes,” begin discerning a call to ministry, and grow in leadership.
Local congregations may apply to join the program when they have a student desiring to intern with their pastor or ministry leader. Students who have summer internships with their pastors tend to stay involved and lead in their church even after the internship is over. Several Cultivate students have continued into ministry after their high school graduation.
Registration information for the summer of 2021 will be made available by March 1.
- Work with their church for 20-25 hours per week for 8 weeks and earn a $2,000 stipend
- Participate and lead in worship, children’s church, small groups and Bible study
- Learn church administration and attend committee meetings
- Join congregational care/pastoral visitations
- Explore conflict resolution
- Assist the pastor with funeral and wedding services when possible
- Identify a student interested in ministry
- Create a welcoming environment for learning and development
- Designate a supervisor who is a church leader or pastor
- Plan 20-25 hours per week of ministry engagement
- Commit $500 towards the student’s $2,000 stipend
Churches must identify and recruit the student intern before applying to participate in Cultivate: Summer of Exploration.
For more information about Cultivate: Summer of Exploration, please email Ryan Clements or call 732.859.0033